Friday, June 18, 2010

Some good ones

I have a few recipes that I've tried that have turned out really good and although I didn't photograph my prep (since they weren't supposed to be CWC recipes), I wanted to share them anyway.   I guess I'm learning that I should just go ahead and photograph every time I try something new.... just in case.  I'm sure thats what The Pioneer Woman does!! 

Barbecue Chicken -- I threw this together because I just happened to have all of the ingredients on hand.  I made it exactly as directed and it was wonderful.  The meat was tender and my mini taste testers loved it.  Thats always a good thing!

Linguine with Creamy Zucchini Sauce -- Again, made this just as directed.  I have a plethora of zucchini and summer squash on hand because we've been visiting the farmer's market so often and have been looking for new ways to use it.  We tried this and it was a big hit!  I served it with some garlic bread and didn't even realize we didn't have any meat, but I bet this would be fabulous with some grilled chicken!  Once again, the mini taste testers loved it!

Southern Peach Cobbler -- This was one of our earlier challenges but I never posted the recipe I tried!  This wasn't it, I didn't like the recipe I tried, but I really liked this one!  It was super simple and it turned out great.  I doubled the recipe, made 2 cobblers and brought one to David's grandparents.  Everyone who ate it loved it.

That's all for now!  I'm going to try to photograph everything I cook from now on... just in case.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thinking Joelle. I'd love to see pictures of all these yummy things, especially that pasta and zucchini sauce. The shrimp sounds so good too. I might make that next week!

Katie

Elizabeth said...

thanks for posting even though you didnt take pictures!! I need to do that!