Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Product Review: Beaba Babycook

So I know this isnt really what Cooking with Cuties is for, but this is what I spend a lot of time doing.. so I thought I would share it with you mamas. For Christmas my mother-in-law got me a Beaba Babycook to make my own baby food.

I cannot RAVE enough about this product. You can steam and puree the fruits or veggies in the same compartment. Below is a tutorial on how to use the Babycook. Hope you enjoy.

First you add water to the Babycook. The product comes with directions on how much water to add, depending on what fruit or vegetable you are using.
You then cut up the fruit (I used Nectarines) and add it to the Babycook. You turn the switch on to the "steam" icon and wait until the light turns off.
Once the light is off... you take out the fruit in the "basket" it is steamed in. You then choose how much of the water produced from the steam you would like to mix in your fruit. I use all the water because that is where the nutrients go after steaming. Add it back to the fruit.
You then hold the knob on the puree icon until fruit is pureed to desired amount.
Lastly, pour baby food into desired containers. I have been using leftover Gerber Organics containers, along with ice trays. I freeze the baby food in an ice tray and then pop them out of the tray and store in freezer friendly Ziplock bags.

Its as easy as that!! I love love love making Henry baby food.. and its probably because I have this amazing baby food maker.

**I did this review on my own and did not receive anything from Beaba for conducting it.




3 comments:

Katie said...

very cool, elizabeth! i liked your pictures - you kitchen is so nice and sunshine-y. i will have to keep this amazing product in mind for when we have babies.

Joelle Turner said...

Oh, I've wanted one of these so badly! I should have bought it when I was making the girls food (but I didn't discover it until they were close to 1 and I wasn't making as much for them anymore) so I could have used it for them and for Kru-- then I could have justified the price! I have drooled over this often. I'm glad to know it works so well! We've gotten along fine with our steamer/magic bullet combo but Katie, you guys should get this from the beginning!! :o)

Beth said...

Why did I not have one of these for my first child ! Must get one for my second :) VERY FUN and VERY YOU !!!! Love it :)