Thursday, May 27, 2010

Spicy Tilapia


Okay, I have now officially started my 2010 Cooking with Cuties recipes. For my first, I chose a recipe Dad sent me from work asking me to try it out. Here is the description and recipe:
For a healthy and tasty meal, try seasoning tilapia fillets with cumin and pepper. Combine diced tomatoes with green chilies, sliced green olives, fresh cilantro, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Spoon this mixture over the tilapia. Bake until flaky and opaque in the center - about 12-15 minutes at 450 degrees. A 3 ounce serving provides about 180 calories and 5 grams of unsaturated fat. Use fresh tomatoes to reduce sodium. Enjoy!


So, I cooked it tonight. It was so easy and the fish was delicious. I made a small Greek salad to go with it and (because I wanted to use it up) split a sweet potato between the two of us. Not only was dinner delicious it was colorful! I would definitely do this one again!

2 comments:

Joelle Turner said...

Mmmm, that sounds SO good!!! Do you have any pictures??? A picture is worth a thousand words, you know. I was picturing it as you were describing it but didn't really think it would be "colorful" until you said so! :o) I'm so glad you've joined us, you have been missed. Love you, Mom!

Last Paradise said...

Aunt Caroline, I know that tablecloth! Mom has the same one, and the placemats- we still use them :) Looks great!