Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fruit Pizza

This was a super easy recipe but I'm behind on my posts so I pulled out something quick and easy.  I'm glad I did!  These little fruit pizza's were YUMMY!


We had Chris and Regina over for lunch on Sunday and I made these for dessert. They were a big hit! And, since we got together after church the fact that these were easy to pull off in a small amount of time was perfect. Everyone gave them an A+. The ingredients are easy to have on hand (since the "crust" is just store-bought sugar cookie!) so I see these popping up a lot in our future.


We make a fruit dip that is made with cream cheese and marshmallow fluff and thats all the "sauce" is on these pizzas. Of course you could top with any fruit you want, but we had these fresh strawberries and blueberries on hand. I halved the recipe and made tiny pizza's, but the picture on allrecipes.com (where I found the recipe) shows the pizza made in a tart pan and the fruit is arranged in a decorative pattern. Its actually quite pretty! Done that way, I wouldn't hesitate to make this for company.

As I said, it was a big hit. Here are a few pictures of my little taste testers. They are pretty easy to please, but they really seemed to enjoy this one. Their favorite part was the "sauce" and "toppings". They ate that off first, and then ate the cookie.


Fruit Pizza

* 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
* 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. On an ungreased medium baking sheet, smooth the refrigerated sugar cookie dough into a single layer approximately 1/4 inch thick. Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and center is no longer doughy.
3. In a medium bowl, blend the marshmallow creme and cream cheese. Spread the mixture over the baked crust. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.

2 comments:

Katie said...

aw, i love that last picture of the girls together! i miss them!!

Last Paradise said...

Love the pics! Gee, wonder where you learned the 'fruit dip' recipe, my mom has been making that my WHOLE life! :)