Friday, May 14, 2010

Chicken and Broccoli in a Crescent Roll

So, for my first post, I chose a recipe from one of my friend's blogs. Stephanie, I hope you don't mind me stealing your idea, but it looked so good I had to try it! I wanted something that would be easy to do so I could add it to my fall back recipes, and this was just that- so easy! Here's the recipe:

2 Chicken breasts, cooked and cubed

4 oz. cream cheese

2 c. broccoli, steamed

2 Tbsp. butter

1 package refrigerated crescent rolls

salt and pepper to taste

milk


Lay out crescent rolls in pairs of two triangles making four rectangles by pinching seams together.

Dump all remaining ingredients into a food processor- process until chicken is shredded. Add milk to ease in the mixing process (about 2-3 Tbsp.)

Spoon chicken/broccoli mixture onto crescent roll squares and pinch corners together at top (you may have extra filling).

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until golden.

This is a recipe I really liked because it will be so easy to modify. Cole really like it and so did Savannah (but she'll eat anything!). I only used one chicken breast because mine were really big and I still had plenty of filling.

As a simple, throw-together meal, this one is definitely a winner! We'll be making them again for sure. Maybe next week I'll try something a little more challenging, but this is my kind of cooking!

2 comments:

Katie said...

yay, lorren, for joining in! this makes me so happy. and that recipe looks delicious. i want to make it right now! i think they would be nice for showers or parties since they are individual size.

Joelle Turner said...

Did you take those pics? Are they from your new camera? On my phone they look really good. So glad you posted a recipe, and a yummy looking one at that! I can't wait to try them. I don't have a recipe to add this week. I kept it simple since we were headed out of town. I'll try to do 2 or 3 to catch up (since we'll be out of town next week).