Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Peach Cobbler (Caroline)





On Memorial Day, we had Joelle, Dave, Lyla and Pressley and the Rexfords over for dinner. We had chicken and/or steak, corn of the cob, baked potato, fresh green salad and Peach Cobbler a la mode for dessert. I used canned peaches because I thought it would taste better than fresh. Big mistake!! If possible, I would definitely use fresh peaches. The recipe I used was from "Cooks.com".
Canned peach cobbler
1 stick of butter
1 C. flour
1 C. sugar
1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 C. milk
1 large can sliced peaches, drained (I used one and a half cans and it was not enough peaches!)

Melt butter in glass loaf pan in the oven (I used 9 x 13 pan because I increased the peaches). Mix together in mixing bowl flour, sugar, baking powder, and milk. When smooth, add drained peaches. Pour on top of melted butter in pan. bake for 40 - 50 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Top should be golden brown when finished.

*Note: Recipe could not have been any easier. What I would change: Definitely use fresh peaches and more of them! Maybe 4 cups...I like more peaches and less bread!

Because it was not very peachy, I'd say everyone gave it a "B" or a "C+". The girls (Lyla and Pressley) liked the ice cream.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Great post, Mom! I'm so proud of you - you're the first peach cobbler post! Love you!